Persons interested are invited to apply for the position of Systems Analyst (Software Developer) to work in the Technology Branch of the Finance and Administration Department at the National Office located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Senior Officer (Team Lead Software Solutions), this position is primarily responsible for the analysis, design, programming, implementation, documentation, support and administration of computer applications and databases in accordance with industry trends and CUPE’s IT strategy and direction. Much of this position’s work is carried out on a project basis.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Participate as a project team member in the delivery of new and modified automated information applications to support the needs of the users.
• Work with the team, meet with stakeholders to capture and document requirements needed to implement a solution to meet the organization’s needs, define and document proposed solution design based on documented requirements.
• Develop and modify computer software programs based on approved design to produce a high-quality working application, including conducting technical testing of the application and creating appropriate documentation and user guides.
• Resolve and implement change requests to existing applications as a result of identified problems or urgent modifications to existing functionality that cannot be accommodated through the normal planning process.
• Work in collaboration with the teams and other development team members to ensure quality code and ensure that the best practices are being implemented in all stages of development.
• Participate in all phases of software development’s life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing and support.
• Provide technical advice and support to users, including creating ad-hoc reports, data analysis, corrections, training and problem solving.
• Other related duties, as assigned.
• University or community college graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant equivalent degree;
• Six or more years of experience in implementation of 3-Tier Architectures, Clients Server Architectures, N-Tier Architecture, and service oriented Architecture in Microsoft technologies;
• Five or more years of experience with design patterns such as MVC and Unity IOC, Singleton Patterns Partial views, Web API and Entity Framework;
• Five or more years of experience in the Microsoft Stack including Microsoft’s Azure;
• Two or more years of experience developing Web Mobile applications that work on multiple device platforms;
• Two or more years of experience with creating and delivering reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services);
• One or more year of experience with creating PowerShell scripts;
• Aware of DevOps practices;
• Project-based experience designing and working with N-Tier Architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented Architectures (SOA);
• Experienced with design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams and UML);
• A solid understanding of testing, installation and migration procedures;
• Advanced MS/SQL programming experience. Strong database design and programming skills in a SQL Server environment. Experience with SQL Server Integration Services is an asset;
• Knowledge of Team Foundation Server and experience with VSTS System configuration methods and Build Processes;
• Knowledge of SharePoint Online for the purposes of development/supporting sites.
• Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders, end users and project managers;
• Track record of working as a team player and demonstrate that he can work in a collaborative and time-pressured environment;
• Applicants should be self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented and have strong organization and time management skills with the ability to assess and manage competing priorities;
• Available to work weekends as necessary; some travel may be required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT as set out in the collective agreement between CUPE and the CSU National Office Component.
WEEKLY SALARY RANGE: $2,162.93 to $2,210.54
Persons interested should send their application and updated résumé to email@example.com, no later than November 15, 2021.