(Sydney) – For the first time ever in Nova Scotia, CUPE members will be able to take part in the Pride in CUPE workshop.
The workshop being held in Sydney this weekend is designed to provide a safe environment for members to discuss lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gay (LBTG) issues. It is open to all CUPE members.
The workshop is also designed to:
- Demonstrate that LBTG issues ARE union issues;
- Outline the significance of LBTG issues in our union and workplaces;
- Break down the myths about LBTG members;
- Reveal the impacts of discrimination on workplace relationships;
- Show the workplace environment from the perspective of LBTG people; and
- Lead to actions that can be taken by activists and allies
Gloria Murphy-Campbell, CUPE Union Development Representative, 455-4180 (o), 476-5933 (Cell)
John McCracken, CUPE Communications Representative, (902), 455-4180 (o)