CUPE Nova Scotia’s Human Rights Committee is hosting “Embracing the Culture”, a 2013 Black History Month event.
WHEN: February 2, 2013, from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm
WHERE: CUPE Atlantic Regional Office in Burnside, 271 Brownlow Avenue
- Yolanda McLean – DVP, CUPE National Executive Board
- Melinda Daye – 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington
- Dr. Wanda Thomas Bernard – Black History and the way forward
- Dr. Burnley ‘Rocky’ Jones – Civil Rights Past, Present and Future
- Professor E.L. Jones – Spoken Word
Entertainment to be provided by the Maritime Center of African Dance African Drummers. There will also be soul food provided and a chance to browse and shop at a mini Black Bazaar.
The year 2013 marks the 150th Anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation in the USA.
See photos from the event below.