Skip to main content
Positive & public
- Supports making a child care system permanent through federal legislation.
- Would guarantee accessibility to affordable, quality child care no matter where you live.
- Tax dollars won’t subsidize for profit big-box child care.
- Backs child care that is inclusive of children with special needs.
- Would create accountability measures to ensure provincial/territorial programs meet national standards.
Negative & no good
- Won’t introduce federal legislation.
- Hand outs to provinces (in the case of the Conservatives) to individuals and businesses without building a truly national child care system.
- No accountability measures, maintains current patchwork system with uneven national standards.
- No guarantee of accessibility.
- No pledge against for-profit, big-box child care (and Conservative tax credit for capital investment will encourage it).