CUPE LET workshops can help your executive and members:
- Build skills;
- Understand roles;
- Make good decisions;
- Work as a team;
- Deal with conflict;
- Engage and include all members;
- Prepare for the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who will take CUPE’s Local Executive Training (LET)?
LET is for members who are elected to, or want to run for local executive positions.
You can choose LET workshops for:
- your local executive;
- a group of members in your area, who hld the same position, for exmple secretary-treasurers, or recording secretaries.
LET workshops are also offered at CUPE Division and regional schools.
Can I take LET workshops if I am not on my local executive?
Yes, the workshops are also for members who want to learn more about being on the executive.
Is there a passport for LET?
There is no passport for the LET program. You will receive a certificate when you complete each workshop.
How can I sign up for LET workshops?
- Contact your national servicing representative or education representative to:
- schedule or attend workshops in your region
- arrange a strategic planning session
- You can find the list of LET workshops at cupe.ca/union-education.
- Introduction to CUPE
- Education Needs Assessment
- Leadership Essentials
- Leading as a Team
- Financial Essentials
- Conflict Ready Executives
- Strategic Planning
Skills for Table Officers
- Recording Secretaries
- Financial Officers
- Parliamentary Procedures
- How Bargaining Works
- Analyzing Your Collective Agreement
- Surveying the Members
- Strategic Planning for Bargaining
- Essentials for Inclusive Unions
- Duty of Fair Representation
- Duty to Accommodate
Contact your national representative or education representative to find out about, and request workshops offered in your region.
Staff can help you decide and access the education that will meet the needs of your local executive.