There are 24,000 CUPE members in their eighth day of a strike against the City of Toronto. While they’re facing a tough task at the bargaining table, they’re also facing a tough task in the media and with the public.
- Use the temporary garbage dumps
- Join the I support CUPE 416 and CUPE 79 Facebook group
- Follow the #TOstrike and #torstrike discussions on Twitter. Re-tweet posts you support and add your own.
- Send a message of support to CUPE 416 and CUPE 79.
- While you’re at it, send a support message to Windsor city workers who’ve been on strike since April.
- Add your comments to Toronto Star, Globe and Mail or CBC content on the strike. Even if you don’t want to post publicly, please visit these sites to vote for comments you like.