Warning message

Please note that this page is from our archives. There may be more up-to-date content about this topic on our website. Use our search engine to find out.

American citizens living in Canada can vote in U.S. elections. If you are a U.S. or dual (U.S/Canadian) citizen, you can vote in all Federal U.S. elections. The 2008 presidential election may be the most important one in decades. Exercise your right to vote! Just follow these instructions to get your absentee ballot.

You will need to choose your voting state, which is the last state where you lived. If you never lived in the U.S., but both or one of your parents are American citizens, then choose the state where they last lived. You will need U.S. ID: your state driver’s license, if you still have it, and your U.S. social security number (last four digits only). Some states require your U.S. passport number.