(Gander) – Municipal employees with the Town of Glovertown have reached a new, three-year deal with their employer.
CUPE National Representative Ed White says the new contract for Local 4801 will take effect January 1, 2010.
Highlights of the deal include:
• 2% wage increase in January, 2010
• 3% wage increase in January, 2011
• 4% wage increase in January, 2012
• Cost sharing for group benefits will see the employer’s share increase from 50% to 70%
• Seasonal employees will now be eligible for severance pay
• The standby rate for weekends and Statutory Holidays increases from $50 to $70
• Employees with 1 - 4 yrs of service will receive an additional week of vacation
White says there are also wage adjustments for Administrative Assistants of $1.50 per hour prior to the general increase and an additional .50 cents per hour in December, 2012.
The agreement has been ratified by both parties.
Ed White John McCracken
CUPE National Rep. CUPE Communications Rep.
(709) 753-0732 (o) (902) 455-4180 (o)