(Toronto) The public is being invited to give their views about the upcoming city budget cuts at 6 community meetings organized by the Stand up for Toronto and Save Our City campaigns. The meetings are being held from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. as follows:
- York March 19, Civic Centre (2700 Eglinton Ave. W.)
- East York March 22, Civic Centre (850 Coxwell Ave.)
- Scarborough March 28, Civic Centre (150 Borough Dr.)
- Toronto April 4, City Hall (100 Queen St. W.)
- Etobicoke April 11, (7:30 p.m. start) Civic Centre (399 The West Mall)
- North York April 18, Civic Centre (5100 Yonge St.)
The campaigns are advocating that Canadas largest city - Ontarios economic engine - needs healthy communities, quality public services and fair provincial funding.
There are two websites providing information about these meetings and the campaigns standupfortoronto.ca and saveourcity.ca.
Helen Kennedy, Campaign Spokesperson & Chair of the Metro Network for Social Justice
(416) 878-6778 (Cell)