Thousands of social workers as well as other front line professionals (members of CUPE Local 1418) will take to the streets today to mark the first day their members will be taking part in strike votes across the province.
Noon hour (12 pm-1 pm) rallies will take place in the following locations:
- Moncton, 86 Northwood (Area office for CUPE)
- Bathurst, 360 Parkside Drive (Office of Joel Bernard, MLA)
- Tracadie-Sheila, 422, rue Arseneau (Office of Elvy Robichaud, MLA and Minister of Health)
- Miramichi (Office of Kim Jardine, MLA and Minister of the Environment)
- Woodstock (Office of David Alward, MLA)
- Saint John, members will rally outside the Annual Meeting of the Conservative Party in Saint John at Hotel Courtenay Bay, from 5 pm to 6 pm. CUPE invites Premier Lord to address the rally at 5:30, outside the hotel.
Strike votes will continue until June 14. Outstanding issues are workload and wages.
For more information:
Moncton: John Eatmon, 384-1344 (H), 856-2440 (W)
Bathurst: Robert Le Moignan, 542-1203 (H), 547-2051 (W)
Tracadie-Sheila: Vincent Robichaud, 336-8784 (H), 336-3052 (W)
Miramichi: Lynn Matchett, 622-5406 (H), 627-4586 (W)
Woodstock: Robert Le Moignan, 542-1203 (H), 547-2051 (W)
Saint John: Jim Touchbourne, 643-2813 (H), 738-3521 (W)