GREATER SUDBURY Provincial labour leaders, along with local labour and community supporters, will join striking Greater Sudbury Hydro Plus Inc. workers for a solidarity rally tomorrow (Wednesday, September 15th), at 6:00 pm, at Tom Davies Square, in Greater Sudbury. The 85 members of CUPE 4705 have been on strike since June 19th. The main issue in the strike is the protection of health care benefits for retired workers.
- Irene Harris, Vice-President, Ontario Federation of Labour (OFL)
- Brian OKeefe, Secretary-Treasurer, CUPE Ontario
- Bruno Silano, President, CUPE Local 1 (Toronto hydro workers)
- CUPE 4705 Striking Hydro workers and supporters
- Local labour and community supporters
Solidarity Rally in support of Greater Sudbury Hydro strikers
Wednesday, September 15th, at 6:00 pm
Tom Davies Square
Greater Sudbury City Hall
For further information, please contact:
CUPE National Rep.