Skip to main content
- Increase federal funding for the construction and renewal of water treatment and delivery infrastructure through the federal-provincial-municipal infrastructure program.
- Make federal funding contingent on public ownership and operation, and meeting water protection requirements.
- re that strong regulation is backed with equally strong inspection and enforcement in all areas, including testing and treatment of drinking water.
- ect drinking water at its source by enacting comprehensive watershed and wellfield protection.
- ire training and certification for the operators of public water systems, and offer support for those seeking training.
- inces should adopt and enforce federal Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality as minimum standards.
- Enact stringent reporting requirements and establish right-to-know provisions for water consumers.
- Give citizens the right to sue jurisdictions that fail to meet water standards, as is allowed in the U.S..