Halifax – Hospital workers will take their dispute with the NSAHO and the MacDonald government to the provincial legislature on Monday, the day the fall sitting of the house gets underway.
CUPE, CAW, NSNU, NSGEU and SEIU members will be in attendance. Buses filled with unionized health care workers are coming in from all eight DHA’s outside the Capital District.
Invited speakers include:
- Karen MacKenzie, Chair CUPE Bargaining Committee
- Victor Tomiczek, CAW National Representative
- Janet Hazelton, NSNU President
- Joan Jessome, NSGEU President
- Rick Clarke, NSFL President
- Darrell Dexter, NDP Leader
- Michel Samson, Interim Liberal Leader
- Rodney MacDonald, Premier
(ATTENTION ASSIGNMENT/PHOTO EDITORS: The rally begins at 6:00 pm sharp at the Granville side of the Legislature.)
CUPE Bargaining Committee
National Rep., CAW