Three CUPE locals will win prizes and will be highlighted on CUPE’s national website.
The CUPE National Environment Committee wants to profile some of the positive environmental steps CUPE Locals are taking in our workplaces. This is a chance to promote all the workplace initiatives that help clean up our communities, cut greenhouse gases, save energy, conserve water, reduce waste, and other actions.
Here are some initiatives that qualify as good green actions taken by your local:
- Promoting and using public transit, biking and/or walking to work.
- Recycling and/or composting at your workplace.
- Having an active workplace environment committee or green champion.
- Initiating energy or water conservation programs.
- Initiating actions/programs to keep toxins out of the environment.
- Bargaining green language.
Working with community partners on Earth Day events or other environmental projects.
CUPE wants to hear from locals on all the environmental steps you are taking – big and small.
Simply fill out the form on the other side of this page or submit your story to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win. Green winners will be awarded prizes and profiled on the CUPE National website and in environmental publications.
Earth Day is April 22, 2014.
The contest deadline is May 31, 2014.