MARYSTOWN, Nfld – CUPE members from across Newfoundland and Labrador will be in Marystown April 30 to May 3 for the 2006 provincial convention.
The Canadian Union of Public Employees convention is being held at the Hotel Marystown. Highlights of this year’s convention include:
- Marystown Mayor Sam Synard, May 1, 9:00 am
- CUPE NL. President Wayne Lucas, May 1, 9:30 am
- Paul Moist, CUPE National President, May 1, 1:30 pm
- Claude Généreux, CUPE National Secretary-Treasurer, May 2, 9:30 am
Key issues to be debated this year include the use of public-private partnerships (P3s) to build new health care facilities, provincial coordinated bargaining, a public child care system, public control of municipal solid waste programs and the recent layoffs at FPI fish plants on the Burin Peninsula.
Wayne Lucas, President, CUPE Newfoundland & Labrador
(709) 753-0732 (o) - (709) 727-2509 (Cell)
John McCracken, CUPE Communications Rep.
(902) 455-4180 (o) - (902) 222-8457 (Cell)