More than 24,000 people have signed an online petition in support of the Romanow commission report. You can be next.
The petition calls for:
- Increasing federal funding for targeted expansion of Medicare.
- Establishing accountability for health expenditures.
- Stopping the spread of privatization.
- Protecting our health-care from trade agreements.
- Pursuing all Romanow recommendations, including those on primary health-care, home care, pharmacare, funding remote and rural communities, reducing wait times for diagnostic services, and resolving health human resources shortages.
CUPE has produced an analysis piece on the Romanow report. While the report is a breath of fresh air in our toxic climate of privatization, it’s not without its weaknesses, namely its assertion that so-called “ancillary services” like food preparation and cleaning aren’t important to quality of care and therefore can be contracted-out or privatized.