CUPEs health and safety program is all about preventing health and safety problems. But when prevention fails, CUPE must also be prepared to act to ensure fair compensation for injured workers.
- Continue to push for prevention of illnesses and injuries.
- Assist in securing just compensation for injured workers.
- Advocate for the privacy of medical information.
- Ensure injured workers are accommodated and are able to return to meaningful work.
- Fight for our members at compensation boards and in the courts if necessary.
- Bargain return to work protocols for people with HIV and AIDS.
- Train members to serve as injured worker advocates for members.
- Continue to push for full recognition of stress, harassment, and violence in the workplace as occupational diseases for which workers compensation benefits must be given.