(Gander) – CUPE members from across Newfoundland and Labrador will be in Gander April 30 to May 2 for the 2007 provincial convention.
The Canadian Union of Public Employees convention is being held at the Hotel Gander. Highlights of this year’s convention include:
- Gander Mayor Claude Elliott, April 30, 9:00 am
- CUPE NL President Wayne Lucas, April 30, 9:30 am
- NDP Leader Lorraine Michael, April 30, 10:30 am
- Paul Moist, CUPE National President, April 30, 11:00 am
- Claude Genereux, CUPE National Secretary-Treasurer, May 1, 1:30 pm
- Robert Fox, Oxfam Canada Director, May 1, 2:30 pm
- Reg Anstey, President NL Federation of Labour, May 2, 9:30 am
Key issues to be debated this year include upcoming provincial bargaining, this week’s provincial budget, public control of municipal solid waste programs and privatization and contracting out.
Wayne Lucas John McCracken
President CUPE Communications Rep.
CUPE Newfoundland & Labrador (902) 455-4180 (o)
(709) 753-0732 (o) (902) 222-8457 (Cell)
(709) 727-2509 (Cell) email@example.com