On March 8, CUPE joins the world in celebrating International Women’s Day
Across the country, CUPE members are participating in community events celebrating women’s activism and reaffirming our commitment to gender justice.
Developments in Canada, the U.S. and around the world demand that we remain vigilant and continue to resist all forms of oppression. We are witnessing an increase in hate crimes, and we know that women who are marginalized by racism, colonialism, ableism and homophobia and transphobia are disproportionately affected.
Take action: Not one step back
Order CUPE’s IWD poster and bookmark, which feature the militancy and leadership of marginalized women. The poster shows women from different communities united and advancing together in the fight for gender justice and declares, “not one step back.”
- Order our poster and bookmark (for free) to use at union, workplace and community events.
- Take a photo of yourself with the CUPE IWD poster and use social media to say what you want the federal government to do. Use the hashtag #IWD2019
Check out these additional resources:
- CUPE’s new Stop Workplace Sexual Violence guide and pamphlet to raise awareness, support survivors and challenge sexual violence.
- Campaign resources on child care and health care.
- Bargaining tools on domestic violence, harassment and other gender issues.
- CUPE violence prevention kit.
- Canadian Labour Congress #donewaiting campaign.
- Campaign led by migrant workers at the Caregivers’ Action Centre.
- Global campaigns on gender-based violence at work and gender equality.
On International Women’s Day, we declare “not one step back.” And we commit to regaining ground on justice for all women.
Celebrate IWD with your families, your communities and your union locals. Join an IWD event happening nearby or help organize your own.