Here’s what you can expect from this workshop, section by section:
1. How unions work
- Discuss the question “Why do unions exist?”
- Identify what unions do for members.
2. Involving members
- Identify ways to get members involved in the union.
- Discuss how to make membership meetings successful.
- Identify other ways of communicating with members.
- Recognize the value of informal meetings.
- Identify where you, as a leader, can find support for solving union problems.
- Define the roles that different executive members play in a CUPE local.