There seems to be seventies revival on, at least as far as the economy is concerned with record oil, commodity and food prices. While 70s-style stagflation is not a serious threat, our economy could still benefit from a few retro-economic policies. The June 2008 issue of the Economic Climate for Bargaining discusses this issue and also includes pieces on:
- Economic forecasts for Canada and the provinces;
- Analysis of recent employment, inflation and wage developments;
- A short primer on carbon taxes, credits and offsets;
- Analysis of the cost impacts of a carbon tax on different household groups;
- A report on the growing number of green job opportunities;
- A summary of the new green environmental provisions being included in CUPE and other union’s collective agreements;
- Discussion of the factors behind - and impacts of - recent fuel and food price increase.