- The NBCNHU represents 2,500 CUPE members who work at nursing 36 nursing homes across the province. Gordon Black (CUPE Nursing Homes Coordinator) and Michel Boudreau (President of the NBCNHU) will present on behalf of the union.
- The Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada, chaired by Roy Romanow, has been touring the country seeking input from Canadians on the health care system.
- Sheraton Fredericton Hotel
Grand Ballroom C & D
225 Woodstock Road
- Friday, April 19, 2:36 p.m.
Mr. Boudreau and Mr. Black will be available for comment immediately after the presentation.
- As front line long-term-care providers, the NBCNHU requested the chance to raise their concerns about the provision of care in the provinces nursing homes. In particular, the Council will discuss the ongoing workload crisis and staff shortages, as well as the negative effects of user fees on nursing home residents.