TRURO, NS – CUPE Nova Scotia will hold its 48th annual convention in Truro, Sunday, April 17 through Wednesday, April 20 at the Holiday Inn. Convention proceedings will get underway at 7:00 p.m. on April 17.
The Canadian Union of Public Employees is Canada’s largest union, representing over 600,000 working women and men across the country, including some 18,000 here in Nova Scotia.
Guest speakers include:
- Darrell Dexter, Premier of Nova Scotia, 11:30 am, April 18
- Martha Friendly, a leading expert on early childhood education and care, 12:00 pm, April 18 (Guest speaker at Women’s Committee Luncheon)
- Paul Moist, CUPE National President, 1:30 pm, April 18
- Claude Genereux, CUPE National Secretary-Treasurer, 1:30 pm, April 19
- Rick Clarke, President, Nova Scotia Federation of Labour, 10:15 April 18
Among the issues being discussed and debated at convention will be the current federal election, the Canada European Trade Agreement (CETA), the fight to keep our water resources public in Canada and the continued fight to reform the Canada Pension Plan.
For more information, please contact:
President, CUPE Nova Scotia
(902) 957-0822 (Cell)