CUPE members from across Newfoundland and Labrador will gather in Corner Brook starting this Sunday, May 11 for their 40th annual convention. It runs through to May 14 at the Greenwood Inn and Suites.
Delegates will debate a variety of resolutions ranging from the state of the provincial economy, the right-wing assault on public sector pensions and EI, and upcoming provincial and federal elections.
Highlights of the convention include:
· CUPE National President Paul Moist, May 12, 10:00 am
· CUPE National Secretary Treasurer, Charles Fleury, May 12, 2:00 pm
· Mary Shortall, President of the NL Federation of Labour, May 13, 9:30 am
· Provincial NDP leader Lorraine Michael, May 13, 7:30 pm
Wayne Lucas John McCracken
President, CUPE NL CUPE Communications Representative
(709) 727-2509 (902) 880-8057 (m)