– CUPE National President Paul Moist will kick off a series of solidarity events on Tuesday, May 23rd, to show support for striking Thames Valley District School Board workers. Moist is scheduled to join picket lines in Elgin, Middlesex and London.Who?
Paul Moist, CUPE National President, striking school board workers, supporters and community membersWhat?
Solidarity events for striking Educational and Instructional AssistantsWhen and Where?
- 8:30 am
– Paul Moist will join picketers at the Community Education Centre-South, 400 Sunset Drive, St. Thomas
- 10:30 am
– Paul Moist will join picketers at Centennial Central Elementary School, 14774 Medway Road, Arva, Middlesex
- 11:30 am
– Paul Moist will join picketers at the Central Education Centre, 1250 Dundas Street, London
- 4:00 pm
– Irene Mathyssen, MP for London-Fanshawe, will join a solidarity rally at the Central Education Centre, 1250 Dundas Street, London
“As management negotiators return to the bargaining table tomorrow, they should bear in mind the strong support striking EAs and IAs have from over half a million CUPE members, from parents, from the community and from other labour organizations,” said Moist. “School trustees also need to make sure the board’s negotiators do what it takes to settle this strike now, for the sake of students and the community.”
For further information, please contact:
Jennifer Kaufmann, CUPE National Representative, 519) 852-2803
James Chai, CUPE Communications, 416) 458-3983