CUPE has a long history of working to fight the epidemic of HIV and AIDS – but more remains to be done. Filmed in 2009 at CUPE’s national HIV/AIDS strategic planning meeting, this twelve-minute video explores the following questions :
- What is the history of CUPE’s work around HIV/AIDS?
- What are the effects of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa?
- How is it affecting Canada’s First Nations?
- Are we, as a country, effectively fighting this disease – or is the government imposing unnecessary obstacles?
- How can CUPE members and citizens make a difference?
And don’t forget:
- CUPE is currently running a petition calling on G8 and G20 government leaders to keep their promise to provide access to HIV treatment. Please sign this petition, and send it on to your friends, family, and co-workers.