Here’s what the workshop offers, section-by-section:
1. How bargaining works
- Identify what it takes to win in negotiations.
- Brainstorm about what the local can do to get a good collective agreement, before bargaining starts.
- Discuss the bargaining process.
- Define the roles of members on the bargaining committee.
- Discuss the importance of finding out what the members want.
- Develop a bargaining survey.
- Recognize the need to bargain for ALL members of the local.
- Identify the needs of your local.
- Practice developing contract language to meet those needs.
- Identify what members can do to be part of the collective bargaining process.
- Develop ways to get members involved.