The process for applying for a strike averting campaign is as follows:
- Authority for the approval of strike averting campaigns rests with the National Officers.
- Requests for strike averting campaigns will be submitted to the Director of the Communications Branch and the Regional Director who will forward the request with their recommendation to the National Secretary-Treasurer, with a copy to the National President and the Division President.
- Applications will be submitted in the format provided for strike averting campaigns.
- Applications will be prepared by a Communications Representative in consultation with the Local president and the CUPE National Representative.
- Applications will be approved by the National Officers or their designates.
Requests for strike averting campaigns should include answers to the following questions. Copies of this form can also be obtained from a Communications Representative.