- The OFFICIAL CONVENTION CALL.
- The number of CREDENTIAL FORMS that your organization is entitled to. Please note that the credential forms are numbered. The Credentials Committee at convention will be instructed to accept ONLY the credential forms bearing the numbers assigned to YOUR organization. (It will greatly assist the preparations for convention if the credential forms are sent to the National Office as early as possible.)
- ALTERNATE DELEGATE REGISTRATION FORM (maximum of one alternate delegate per chartered organization).
- A letter to explain how DELEGATE REPRESENTATION at convention is determined.
- NATIONAL CONVENTION ASSISTANCE FUND GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION FORM.
- OBSERVER REGISTRATION FORM for the convenience of those organizations that will be registering observers.
- TRAVEL NOTICE with a toll-free number to call for booking reduced travel fares to the convention. Early booking will ensure the best possible savings.
- HOTEL RESERVATION FORM which should be completed and sent directly to W.E. Travel if you have not yet made hotel arrangements for your delegate(s).
- ACCESS & SERVICES FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES FORM.
- CHILD CARE ARRANGEMENTS NOTICE and APPLICATIONS for members wishing to utilize the “on-site” child care facilities or take advantage of the “at-home” subsidy.
- CONVENTION REGISTRATION information.
- Notice advising of the following sectoral meetings being held on Sunday, October 14th: LIBRARY WORKERS; SCHOOL BOARD WORKERS; ELECTRICAL UTILITY WORKERS; WATER ANDWASTEWATER WORKERS; PARAMEDICS/EMERGENCY WORKERS; MUNICIPAL WORKERS; SOCIAL SERVICE WORKERS; HEALTH CARE WORKERS; POST SECONDARY EDUCATION WORKERS; CHILD CARE WORKERS.
- Notice advising of the DISTRICT COUNCILS’ MEETING.
- Notice advising of the DIVERSITY VICE-PRESIDENTS’ SELECTION CAUCUSES.
- APPLICATION FOR DISPLAY SPACE to reserve a table in the CUPE Gallery. Space is limited, so please book early.
- INFORMATION BROCHURE FOR INSURANCE COVERAGE FROM THE
CO-OPERATORS for those locals which require coverage for their delegates. Application form and cheque, payable to THE CO-OPERATORS, should be sent directly to the address shown on the application form.
I’m sure the enclosures will provide you with all the information needed to plan your organization’s participation in the 2007 CUPE National Convention. Please don’t hesitate to contact my office if we can help in any other way. Brother Paul Moist and I look forward to seeing you in October.