Here’s what you can do to challenge racism in your workplace:
- Order “I Fight Racism” pamphlets and stickers and ensure they are distributed among members.
- Order “I Fight Racism” and “Break the Barriers” posters and display them prominently in the workplace.
- Have a child in your family or community, colour in our black-and-white Rainbow March 21 poster.
- Download individual I FIGHT RACISM flyers that can be copied and posted by every CUPE member in every workplace.
- Order the Viola Desmond Exercise and have it at your next meeting/at home/ask your child to take it to school.
- Ensure that representation to upcoming provincial and national conferences and conventions reflects the local diversity.
- Invite members from your Local’s diversity groups to bring forward resolutions and proposals for action to the conventions.
- Use the Thinking Equality checklist when preparing materials and organizing events.
- Enroll for Solidarity and Racial Justice course. For information contact your Education Representative or the Union Development Department at National Office.
To order pamphlets, posters or stickers, visit the Equality section of the CUPE online store or contact:
CUPE Equality Branch
1375 St. Laurent OTTAWA, Ontario K1G 0Z7
Phone: (613) 237-1590
Fax: (613) 237-5508