CUPE is expanding its inventory of qualified candidates to fill short and long-term temporary national representative assignments at its numerous offices across the country.
There are immediate needs for qualified bilingual candidates with excellent written and verbal skills in both official languages.
Do you want to:
- Advance the working conditions of CUPE members?
- Negotiate improvements to collective agreements?
- Uphold collective agreement rights through the grievance and arbitration process?
- Logical, analytical and skilled at problem-solving?
- Committed to fairness and social justice?
- A leader?
Do you have:
- The ability to build positive working relationships?
- Ease of analyzing and enforcing collective agreement language?
- Excellent communication skills, sound judgement, and a positive attitude?
- Conflict management and resolution skills?
- General knowledge of labour legislation?
- An understanding of CUPE’s structure, constitution, policies and objectives?
- Experience in drafting employment contract language?
The minimum annual salary for this position is $120,584.88.
If you are interested in pursuing employment opportunities as a national representative at CUPE, please send us your completed application form along with your resume via email to:
You can also apply at:
Organizing and Regional Services
Canadian Union of Public Employees
1375 St. Laurent Boulevard
Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z7
CUPE is committed to providing an inclusive, respectful, accessible, and healthy workplace environment that is equitable and fair at all levels of its organization. We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population and communities in which we live and serve. CUPE encourages applications from qualified members of the five (5) designated equity groups: Women, Indigenous people, Black and Racialized people, Persons with Disabilities, and 2SLGBTQI+ people.
Upon request and at any stage of the recruitment and/or selection process, we will provide reasonable accommodations for candidates who have a temporary or a permanent disability. Please contact the Human Resources department to request an accommodation if needed at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.