Applications are invited for the temporary bilingual position of Senior Officer (New Media) to work in the Communications Branch of the National Services Department, at the CUPE National Office located in Ottawa, Ontario. This position will be available on June 21, 2021 and is expected to continue until June 3, 2022.
Under the direction of the Director, Communications Branch, the Senior Officer (New Media) will be responsible for coordinating CUPE’s social media presence, as well as working with other communications staff to maintain CUPE’s web site.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Work with Communications staff and other branches and departments to manage CUPE’s social media presence, including organic content and paid advertising.
- Ensure the design, presentation and contents of CUPE’s website contribute to the union’s mandate and objectives.
- Work with Communications staff and other branches and departments to ensure the information on the web site is up to date, relevant and easily accessible.
- A university degree or college diploma in communications, marketing or public relations, or equivalent education plus practical experience;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and quickly;
- Excellent editing and proofing skills;
- Extensive experience in creating online content and editing for the web;
- Extensive experience writing social media for a range of platforms, and a range of different institutional voices;
- Extensive experience designing and curating visual communication, including working with graphic designers as required;
- Experience creating or repurposing video for web and social media;
- Experience planning and evaluating social media advertising campaigns;
- Experience working with social media and digital communications in a union or non-governmental organization;
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, image editing tools for social media such as Adobe Photoshop or Canva, and lightweight video editing tools.
- Understanding of electronic political action methodologies including campaign planning, development and on-line implementation;
- Understanding of trade union principles and community organizing techniques;
- Ability to work in teams to meet short term and long-term goals with an enthusiasm for web technology;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to read, write and speak in French and English.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT as set out in the collective agreement between CUPE and the Canadian Staff Union, National Office component.
WEEKLY SALARY RANGE: $2,318.94 to $ 2,392.37 (plus 7% bilingual bonus)
Persons interested should send their application and résumé to email@example.com, with a reference to the posting number, no later than July 2, 2021.