Warning message

Please note that this page is from our archives. There may be more up-to-date content about this topic on our website. Use our search engine to find out.

PINCHER CREEK, AB- A local municipal worker was electrocuted on the job yesterday.

Lorne Jackson, a grader operator with the municipality of Pincher Creek, was electrocuted after backing his grader into power lines. Jackson is in serious condition at Foothills Hospital in Calgary.

CUPE Alberta President D’Arcy Lanovaz expressed sympathy for Jackson, a CUPE member, saying workplace injuries are too frequent in Alberta.

“Workplace injuries are tragically still too common in our province today,” said Lanovaz. “This is a reminder to all union members that our struggle for safer worksites isn’t over.”

“I’d like to pass on my best wishes, and the best wishes of Alberta’s 26,000 CUPE members, to Mr. Jackson for a full recovery.”