Register now for CUPE’s first ever virtual Human Rights Conference, “Human Rights in the Time of COVID: Organizing for Change.” The conference will take place online March 1 – 4, 2021, noon to 4 pm Eastern Time.
Join CUPE members from across the country to explore human rights concerns in the context of COVID-19, and to strategize on how to create a more just post-pandemic world. Participants will learn how to build stronger, more equity-focused locals, and how to bargain for equality in the workplace. The conference will feature panels, guest speakers, and the opportunity for members to voice their experiences and share their thoughts on how to move justice and equity forward in and outside our union.
When your registration is confirmed, you will receive an email to sign up for caucuses, a cultural event, and a workshop. Make sure to sign up for all the caucuses you’d like to attend on Caucus Day (Wednesday, March 3). Caucuses are open to all members who self-identify. If you’re a worker under 30, make sure to sign up for the new Young Workers caucus! Please also let us know if you will be attending the artivism cultural event on Tuesday, March 2 at 4:00 pm.
Registration closes end of day, February 19, 2021. Please note that registrations will not be accepted after this date to allow sufficient time to plan the technology used for the conference.
Don’t miss out – register now!
Registration fee: $75
All times are in the Eastern Standard Time Zone (Ottawa, CUPE National Office)
Monday, March 1, 2021 – 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Opening Plenary Session
- Equity-Seeking Workers: Resistance during COVID
Tuesday, March 2, 2021 - 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bargaining for Equity
- An Anti-Racism Strategy for CUPE
- Virtual Cultural Activity starting at 4 p.m.
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
Caucus space will be provided for equity-seeking conference participants:
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Indigenous Workers Caucus
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: LGBTQ2+ Workers Caucus
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.: Persons with Disabilities Caucus
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.: Racialized Workers Caucus
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Women’s Caucus
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Young Workers’ Caucus
Workshop: Reflect and Act: Moving Allyship into Action
- Option 1: Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Option 2: 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 4, 2021 – 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Building Strong Inclusive Locals
- Closing Plenary Session