Victor Elkins is an advocate for health care and for equality rights in the workplace and in the community. Elkins is the First Vice-President of the Hospital Employees’ Union (the B.C. Health Services Division of CUPE). He works on the cardiac team at B.C. Children’s Hospital and is a foster parent to four teenagers.
Says Elkins: “I was really motivated to get involved with my union and the NDP because of what I saw on the front lines of the health care system – especially the impact of funding cuts and privatization on patients and workers.”
WORKING FOR REAL SOLUTIONS
Elkins has a proven record of action on workers’ rights and social justice issues:
- First Vice-President of the Hospital Employees’ Union
- Active in his union at the local, provincial and national level in political action, equity and occupational issues
- Equity Vice-President for LGBT members at the Canadian Labour Congress
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
Elkins has worked actively to strengthen ties between labour and the community on issues ranging from health care to pensions to LGBT issues.
- Alumnus of the 2008 Governor General’s Leadership Conference
- Founded a successful annual skydiving competition to raise funds for those living with HIV/AIDs
Leader in the Labour Pride community
Volunteer with Victor Elkins
Donate to the Vancouver Quadra New Democrats
Follow Victor Elkins online
Find your riding and learn how you can get involved