ST. CATHARINES, Ont. – CUPE Ontario president Sid Ryan and Wayne Samuelson, president of the Ontario Federation of Labour, will join Brock University workers and students for a ‘Stop the Cuts’ rally at the university on Wednesday, February 28th, at 12:00 noon, at the St. David’s Road entrance, to speak out against budget cuts of up to 6 per cent proposed by Brock’s administration.
CUPE Local 4207, representing part-time instructors, teaching assistants (TAs), lab demonstrators and course coordinators, along with other campus student and labour organizations, will hold an information picket from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm at the St. David’s Road entrance, followed by a march to the senate chamber, where the University Senate will be holding a meeting at 3:00 pm.
- Who? Sid Ryan, CUPE Ontario president Wayne Samuelson, OFL president Students, workers and community supporters
- What? ‘Stop the Cuts’ rally organized by Brock Labour and Students Together (BLAST)
- When? Wednesday, February 28th Information picket 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm Stop the cuts march at 2:00 pm
- Where? St. David’s Road entrance to Brock University St. Catharines, Ontario
For further information, please contact:
CUPE 4207 President
(905) 688-5550 ext. 4766 or 905-988-3522
CUPE National Representative