Winners of the 2008 CUPE Earth Day poster contest call for action on Earth Day. The messages expressed by many of the youth clearly tell viewers that Earth Day is about making positive environmental change in our communities. Some of the actions urged include:
- Reduce greenhouse gases by growing your own fruits and vegetables.
- Cut waste by recycling.
- Save energy by turning off household appliances.
- Ride a bike to school or work instead of driving.
- Save electricity by using a clothesline.
- Save water by using a rain barrel.
- Compost your food waste at home, school and work.
The planet would be a healthier, cleaner and greener place if we acted upon young people’s ideas.
- Ben, NS
- Brianna, BC
- Chloe, PEI
- December, AB
- Kamalpreet, BC
- Kassandra, NB
- Lucinda, BC
- Shyenne, MB
- Thomas, NS
- Vanessa, ON
The contest deadline is Friday, May 29th, 2009.