Learn more with CUPE’s guide on sexual violence in the workplace
- Use CUPE’s Stop Workplace Sexual Violence guide and pamphlet to raise awareness, support survivors and challenge sexual violence.
- Bargain and lobby for paid leave and other protections for women facing domestic violence. See CUPE’s bargaining guide and Canadian Labour Congress resources on domestic violence at work and this overview of laws by Women’s Shelters Canada.
- Email your MP through the Canadian Labour Congress #donewaiting campaign.
- Tell your MP to implement a national action plan on violence against women, following the Blueprint created by feminists across the country.
- Support organizations like the Native Women’s Association of Canada.
- Organize or attend a December 6 event in your workplace or neighbourhood.
Many CUPE members and staff across the country work daily to end gender-based violence and to support workers and families affected. On December 6, CUPE applauds your activism, and we re-dedicate ourselves to ending violence against women.