During this three-day workshop, you will learn about:
- Your role as a union trustee or advisory committee member;
- Fiduciary duty and options for maintaining plan funding;
- Working with actuaries, legal counsel, investment managers;
- Responding to pressure to invest pension funds in privatization including P3s;
- How we can defend against attacks on pensions.
Union pension experts will deliver the training using a participatory, hands-on approach. Participants will build pension skills, meet other pension activists, share knowledge, tips, and strategies.
This workshop will be delivered in English only. You must be a pension trustee or a member of a pension advisory committee to attend. Training is open to CUPE members and CUPE staff, as well as to trustees and committee members from other unions who sit on pension boards/committees with CUPE representatives.
For more information or to receive an application form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.