CUPE National President Mark Hancock will be in Grand Falls-Windsor on Thursday, August 19, to support locked-out municipal workers who are members of CUPE 1349.
Media and the public are invited to attend a lunchtime “Solidarity Rally” hosted by the members of CUPE 1349, as well as a “Family and Friends’ Evening” beginning at 4:30 p.m.
12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Solidarity Rally at Town Hall, 7 High Street, Grand Falls-Windsor.
4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Family and Friends’ Evening, 8 High Street, with music and entertainment for all ages.
Speakers and special guests:
- Mark Hancock, CUPE National President
- Sherry Hillier, CUPE NL President
- Tammie Greening, CUPE 1349 President
- Arlene Sedlickas, NL Federation of Labour Secretary-Treasurer
- Yvette Coffey, RNUNL President
- Jerry Earle, NAPE President
- Trevor King, NAPE Secretary-Treasurer
- Alison Coffin, NL NDP leader
- Scott Simms, Coast of Bays-Central-Notre Dame member of parliament
Everyone is encouraged to come out and show support for the employees who deliver the vital public services that town residents depend on!