Patrick Colford is a longtime advocate for equality rights in the workplace and in the community. Colford is a member of the Canadian Union of Public Employee (CUPE) Local 865 and is a Dietary Food Services shop steward. He is also a Red Seal Journeyman Chef.
Colford has been involved in union activities and politics since he was first hired as a cook at St. Thomas University in Fredericton, N.B. in 2002.
He has served on several New Democratic Party provincial riding associations and numerous committees. In the fall of 2010 he worked on an election campaign in Miramichi Bay-du-Vin.
WORKING FOR REAL SOLUTIONS
Colford has a proven record of action on workers’ rights and social justice issues:
- Secretary of the New Brunswick Federation of Labour Youth Committee
- Secretary of Miramichi District Labour Council
- Youth Representative of CUPE NB Equality Committee
- New Brunswick Representative for CUPE National
- Member of various committees within his local union representing the Miramichi Hospital Workers
Born and raised in New Brunswick, Colford lives in Warwick Settlement with his wife, Celine. They are expecting their first child in early November.