- WHO: Judy Darcy National President of the Canadian Union of Public Employees , and Steven Shrybman, International Trade lawyer.
- WHAT: Release of legal opinion of the implications of Albertas proposed private health care bill (Bill 11) under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- WHEN: Monday March 13, 2000 at 11:00 a.m.
- WHERE: Chateau Laurier Hotel, LOrangerie room
- WHY: The introduction of Bill 11, Albertas private health care bill, marks a critical moment for Medicare. Under the North American Free Trade Agreement what begins as a provincial experiment will have serious and far-reaching consequences for public health care.
For more information: Catherine Louli (613) 237-1590, ext. 268 or (613) 851-0547 cellular