How will inflation affect you? How did we get into this economic mess, and how will we get ourselves out? How will inflation affect our wages, which are already falling behind? How can we as union members fight back and win at the bargaining table?
CUPE is excited to convene an online webinar on August 16 (7PM ET). This event will explore the current economic context, including the concepts of inflation and recession, and will offer a labour-focused analysis of how we can dig ourselves out of this mess and avoid similar crises in the future.
CUPE National staff and members will also share recent bargaining success stories that will highlight what CUPE members can do to fight back and win in your next round of bargaining, including tools and strategies for strong, united, and productive bargaining campaigns.
Join us to share and learn from great panelists, including:
- Angella MacEwen, Senior Economist, Canadian Union of Public Employees
- Gabrielle Ross-Marquette, Research Representative, Canadian Union of Public Employees
- Ian McLean, National Representative, Canadian Union of Public Employees
- Raj Uppal, President of CUPE Local 41, Grey Nuns and Continuing Care
- Aubrey Gonsalves, Diversity Vice-President, Black and Racialized Workers, Canadian Union of Public Employees
ASK US YOUR QUESTIONS – We’d love to hear from you before the event and integrate what’s on your mind into the webinar.
Date: August 16, 2022
Time: 7PM ET
Location: Sign up here to receive Zoom link