- Women make up approximately 66% of CUPE members.
- Women are presidents of 48% of CUPE Local unions.
- Forty-nine per cent (49%) of CUPE Locals with less than 100 members have a woman president.
- Only 27% of CUPE Locals with 1,000 or more members have a woman president.
- Women hold 3 of 23 positions on the National Executive Board, or 13% of the positions.
- Only one woman (in PEI) serves as CUPE Provincial Division President.
- Forty-three per cent (43%) of national representatives are women; fifty-eight per cent (58%) of administrative/technical employees at national office are women.
Women in CUPE fact sheet.