Longueuil, Tuesday, October 21, 2014 – The Coalition syndicale pour la libre négociation [Union Coalition for Free Negotiation] will be taking part in a demonstration this evening outside of Longueuil city hall in support of local municipal employees. Participants will be speaking out against Bill 3 of the Liberal government and the deceptively conciliatory stance taken by the mayor of Longueuil on the issue. The event will coincide with a meeting of Longueuil city council scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
- WHO: Members of the Coalition syndicale pour la libre négociation representing more than 65,000 firefighters, police officers, white and blue collar workers, professionals and public transportation employees
- Marc Ranger, spokesperson, and other Coalition leaders.
- WHAT: Demonstration outside of Longueuil City Hall against the mayor’s support of Bill 3 on pension plans for municipal workers
- WHEN: Tuesday, October 21, starting at 6:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Outside of Longueuil city hall at 4250 de la Savane Road
The Coalition comprises more than 65,000 white and blue-collar workers, firefighters, police officers, professionals and public transportation employees. It represents virtually all unionized municipal employees in Quebec. Its detailed platform is available online at librenego.com.
The Coalition consists of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE-Quebec) and its Municipal Sector Provincial Council as well as its ground transport sector, the Fédération des employées et employés de services publics (FEESP-CSN), the Fédération indépendante des syndicats autonomes (FISA), the Fédération des policiers et policières municipaux du Québec, the Fraternité des policiers et policières de Montréal, the Association des pompiers de Montréal, the Regroupement des associations de pompiers du Québec and the Syndicat des pompiers et pompières du Québec – FTQ.
Sébastien Goulet, Communications, Coalition
mobile: 438-882-3756 – email@example.com