Ric Dagenais has represented municipal workers across the province as chair of the Ontario Municipal Employees Coordinating Committee (OMECC) and former member of CUPE Ontario’s Executive Board. He now works as a bilingual analyst with the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) and studied Business Administration at the University of Ottawa.
He says, “Together we can build a Canada where families come first – and no one is left behind. Let’s roll up our sleeves, work together, and make it happen.”
WORKING FOR REAL SOLUTIONS
Dagenais has a proven record of action on many issues including workers’ rights and the environment:
- Treasurer of the Ottawa Health Coalition, where he fights for Canada’s Universal Medicare system.
- Helps to organize National Day of Mourning ceremonies for workers who have died on the job.
- Member of the Rideau Canal Celtic Cross Committee, which erected a monument by the Rideau Locks commemorating the workers who died building the Canal.
- Former treasurer on the Ottawa Carleton Credit Union Board of Directors.
- Volunteer with the national Prevent Cancer Now Association.
- A committed environmental activist, Ric is a former member of the City of Ottawa’s Environmental Advisory Committee, and liaison for the Forests and Greenspace Advisory Committee.
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
As an advocate for Ottawa’s homeless, Dagenais serves the community as:
- Director on the board of the Shepherds of Good Hope
- President of the Causeway Work Centre
- Volunteer food handler in a local soup kitchen
Dagenais was born and raised in Ottawa, and still lives and works in the community. He and his wife Jane are the proud parents of three children.
Volunteer with Ric Dagenais
Donate to the Nepean - Carleton New Democrats
Follow Ric Dagenais online
Find your riding and learn how you can get involved