Skip to main content
Positive & public
- Will fight for tough rules so federal money won’t subsidize a private insurance system covering medically necessary services.
- Backs using the Canada Health Act to issue fines to provinces that violate the CHA.
- Demands accountability for federal health care funding to provinces.
- Will put an end to privatization of medically necessary services and health care infrastructure.
- Ensures creation of public plans for pharmacare, home care and long-term care.
Negative & no good
- No action taken to stem private insurance in our public system.
- Refuses to enforce the Canada Health Act.
- No accountability measures for federal health care funding.
- Liberals allow privatization of services and actively promote public private partnerships in hospitals. Conservatives would actively pursue privatization of services and P3 hospitals.
- No plan for public pharmacare, home care and long-term care.