(St. John’s) – For the first time ever in Newfoundland & Labrador, CUPE members will be able to take part in the Pride in CUPE workshop.
The workshop being held in St. John’s this weekend is designed to provide a safe environment for members to discuss lesbian, bisexual, transgender and gay (LBTG) issues. It is open to all CUPE members.
The workshop is also designed to:
- Demonstrate that LBTG issues ARE union issues;
- Outline the significance of LBTG issues in our union and workplaces;
- Break down the myths about LBTG members;
- Reveal the impacts of discrimination on workplace relationships;
- Show the workplace environment from the perspective of LBTG people; and
- Lead to actions that can be taken by activists and allies
Joe Courtney, CUPE Equality Representative
John McCracken, CUPE Communications Representative
(902) 455-4180 (o)