Nikki Innouye has been an activist with the Hospital Employees’ Union (the B.C. Health Services Division of CUPE) for 15 years. She is married with a grown daughter and has lived in B.C.’s Okanagan Valley for her entire life.
Says Inouye: “This election is so important for working families – whether we’re talking about stable health care funding in the future, improved pensions, or action to make life more affordable. I’m very enthusiastic about Jack Layton’s positive message and I’m hoping to rejuvenate the NDP in my community.”
WORKING FOR REAL SOLUTIONS
Inouye is an advocate for safer workplaces and quality public services. Her track record includes:
- Serving on her local union executive and as a shop steward for the past 15 years
- Serving as co-chair of her local’s OH&S committee
- Serving on HEU’s provincial OH&S committee
- Serving on HEU’s provincial anti-privatization committee
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
In her community, Inouye has worked to advance workers’ rights and revitalize progressive politics.
- Elected Northern Delegate: North Okanagan Labour Council
- Coordinator for NDP Vernon Monashee Constituency, 2009
Volunteer with Nikki Inouye
Donate to the Okanagan - Shuswap New Democrats
Follow Nikki Inouye online
Find your riding and learn how you can get involved