Am I eligible to get strike pay?
Yes. As long as you are a member who is not:
- unemployed or on layoff unrelated to the strike before the strike begins
- drawing sick, accidental and/or workers’ compensation benefits (strike pay will resume should you stop receiving those benefits)
- owing fees, dues, fines, assessments or any other debt to the local – if you wait until just before a strike to pay any of these it will cost you one week’s strike pay
- employed in any way that stops you from performing your strike duties
- failing to perform assigned strike duties